Plants & Ancestors: Ancestral Healing 2-day workshop
With visiting teachers Cathy Skipper and Florian Birkmayer, MD.
Held on November 2 & 3 2019 from 10am to 6pm.
Workshop location is the Humboldt Herbals Community Classroom @ 219 D Street Eureka, CA.
Early bird rate $300 ($350 after August 15th)
paypal accepted through the shopping cart
check or money order is gladly accepted and is preferred
*You may send a check or money order to:
3415 Montgomery Street
Eureka, CA 95503
*please include your email address and phone number if you use this form of payment and you will be sent an email confirmation
Contact Jessica for other questions or for cash payment arrangement
707-499-0327 or firstname.lastname@example.org
About this workshop
Cathy and Florian will be delving into the important and timely subject of Historical Trauma, transgenerational lineages and the ways plant medicine can accompany us on this healing path.
We need to know our stories and tell them. We need to mend the threads that have been broken. We need to honor our ancestors. We need to transform the trauma and go beyond it.
Historical trauma touches each of us on a personal level, as well as all of us collectively. If we do not become familiar with our ancestral lines and repair the broken threads, unresolved traumas surface in future generations until someone takes notice.
The 2-day class will be both informative and experiential. Carefully selected plants and essential oils will accompany the work.
We will lead participants through ways of identifying and working with ancestral trauma. Ways of connecting and working with ancestors.
We will work on different levels. Genetics, DNA and transgenerational history, the energetic, inner work of releasing cellular memory, healing and making peace with the past.
We will work with specific oils and plants that we have identified as strong allies for this process. We will also look at the importance and how to find your own ancestral plants.
Themes covered in the 2-day workshop:
- The importance of ancestral recognition and the history of this through different cultures.
- The four ancestral lineages and how they have affected your life.
- The importance of mending the maternal lineage (mtDNA) and the feminine rising.
- Identifying healthy ancestors that are ready to work with you.
- DNA testing, mapping out genealogical patterns and lineages, historical research.
- How trauma is inherited epigenetically.
- Using plants and oils to identify areas that need attention.
- Using plants and oils to help release cellular memories.
- Using plants and oils to create safe boundaries and make offerings.
- Look at the link between personal and collective historical trauma and the importance of stories being told.
- Working plants and the heart doorway, we will look at ways of feeling/processing and forgiving in relation to historical trauma.
- Identify the ancestral gifts that you have inherited from your lineages.
- Identify the plant knowledge that you have inherited through your DNA .
- Finding the gift in the trauma story.
“First is confronting the historical trauma. Second is understanding the trauma. Third is releasing the pain of historical trauma. Fourth is transcending the trauma.” (1)
"Florian and I have both become aware in our work that clients with chronic illnesses or repetitive negative emotional and mental patterns that are resistant to repeated healing efforts are often carrying transgenerational trauma."
Workshop cost is non-refundable after October 1st. Refunds before October 1st will be given minus a 10% processing fee.